+ Reply to Thread

ABIT still in the red

<SPAN class=textstandard>
    <P><U><STRONG>ABIT</STRONG></U>, a manufacturer more than a few of you visitors know about, is still having trouble making both ends meet. It has interesting products and updates its range of products reguarly but the economy isn't what it should be. According to DigiTimes ABIT has edited its figures for 2004 and the loss was&nbsp;calculated to&nbsp;5.3&nbsp;billion taiwanese dollar ($167 million). At the same time the frst quarter has continued in the red with a loss of 878 miljoner taiwanesiska dollar, about $28 million . We surely hope that ABIT will turn this around since we've always appreciated its enthusiast products.</P>
    <P>Source <U>DigiTimes</U></P></SPAN>

"...with a loss of 878 miljoner taiwanesiska dollar."
    Swenglish at its best, I gotta say.
    Sorry for being off topic, but there's not that much going on anyway, so I hope it's okay with you.
    Man, or woman, or both?
    Grandis spiritus, sanctus diavolos

Hum... launching that new X800 card might not have been such a good idea. Neat idea, but poor timing.
    Water Block Testing Alliance (www.wbta.us)

ABIT has always been an option for enthusiasts, but lately they haven't really managed to pull through on anything,
    DFI is kicking butt on the S939-market and the Intel-platform has been lost for quite some time when it comes to gaming and OC, so ther's really only one platform for enthusiasts.
    ABIT actually chose not to make a SLI-board when SLI arrived as it wanted to watch from afar at first and then act upon the market. However this seems to have alienated them instead.

//Andreas
    "I'm sort of a postmodern vegetarian, I eat meat ironically"
    "You are our Swedish superhero "

Forget everything, knowledge is your enemy, it's only going to make you second-guess yourself."

I'm an Asus man through and through so this affects me not at all. If I were to even consider another brand it might be DFI, otherwise I'll stick with AsusTek boards.
    AMD AMD Phenom II 955 BE w/ Xigmatek S1283 Red Scorpion HSF, Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P MB
    8GB DDR3 1600 G.Skill NQ RAM, 64GB G.Skill Falcon SSD, 1.5TB Samsung Silencer Series HDD, ATI Radeon HD4850 w/ AC Accelero S1 Cooling + 92mm fan
    Coolermaster Sileo 500 Case + Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Whisper Quiet Computing.....

Quote Originally Posted by mjw21a
    I'm an Asus man through and through so this affects me not at all. If I were to even consider another brand it might be DFI, otherwise I'll stick with AsusTek boards.
    As long as you stick with ASUS older boards I have to agree with you there.

The A8N/A8V however ...

The only Abit-board I've owned was a IC7 Max3. A kickass board if you want to overclock, but also probably the loudest board I've ever owned.

//Andreas

Forget everything, knowledge is your enemy, it's only going to make you second-guess yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Delph1

The A8N/A8V however ...

...//Andreas
    I haven't caught up with the A8N yet, any specific issues? I chose it for my next build (not the SLI version).

Quote Originally Posted by mjw21a
    As long as you stick with ASUS older boards I have to agree with you there.

The A8N/A8V however ...

The only Abit-board I've owned was a IC7 Max3. A kickass board if you want to overclock, but also probably the loudest board I've ever owned.

//Andreas
    I've used the A8V in a business system, so no overclocking was required. In a business machine this board was quite accaptable. DFI boards aren't readily available here in Australia unfortunately.
    AMD AMD Phenom II 955 BE w/ Xigmatek S1283 Red Scorpion HSF, Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P MB
    8GB DDR3 1600 G.Skill NQ RAM, 64GB G.Skill Falcon SSD, 1.5TB Samsung Silencer Series HDD, ATI Radeon HD4850 w/ AC Accelero S1 Cooling + 92mm fan
    Coolermaster Sileo 500 Case + Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Whisper Quiet Computing.....

Quote Originally Posted by [NH]BigBen2k

The A8N/A8V however ...

...//Andreas
    I haven't caught up with the A8N yet, any specific issues? I chose it for my next build (not the SLI version).
    Sucky BIOS mainly. The new four stage voltage regulators kicks ass though. We used it at DH to overclock a Celeron D. Worked pretty good, even though it has some limitations. 1,65V @ cpu and 3V @ mem.

//Andreas

Mmmmk. I wouldn't advise exceeding those voltages anyways, but volt mods are still a possibility, I assume?

I'm going with a Rackmount solution for my next build, so no fancy case mods this time.

Here's my current build:
    http://wizdforums.co.uk/showthread.php?p=32053

Quote Originally Posted by [NH]BigBen2k
    Mmmmk. I wouldn't advise exceeding those voltages anyways, but volt mods are still a possibility, I assume?
    Yes, and not even hard to do imho

//Andreas