+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie
    Quote Originally Posted by High Density
    Im trying to migrate to Linux for primary workstation, but the biggest issue that's stopping my migration is the games.
    But for server and firewall is Linux my natural choice.
    What games can't you play in linux, that you miss.
    The games i currently play is Battlefield 1942 and C & C Generals,offcourse i know of Wine and Transgaming but i just cant be botherd to set them up for gaming
    Z80 @ 1 Mhz

Come on...half the fun with linux is that you never have to sit without anything to do

So get off your lazy *beeeeep* and start installing Wine/WineX

/danjuls
    What's this script do? Unzip ; touch ; finger ; mount ; gasp ; yes ; umount ; sleep Hint for the answer: not everything is computer-oriented. Sometimes you're in a sleeping bag, camping out with your girlfriend.

Downloaded Redhat 8.1

Great OS, but i don't think i'd ever consider it as a primary OS, i've become too used to windows, for some stupid reason

Once i've got new pc, i'll re-install linux on this one, and have a fiddle on there. Redhat seemed a nice OS, loads of dodgy in-built games!
    Jake

I once had Redhat too..
    Unfortunately my soundcard did not go with the drivers. It was easier to install SuSE than new drivers
    "Out of the silent rabbit
    Dreams of desolation
    Out of the silent rabbit
    Come the demons of creation"

does anyone know about a good book to learn Linux with...
    I tried out RedHat once, and thought that i would be able to get enough info from the net to learn it, but that wasn´t the case...
    I´m curios blue

I´m NOT using LINUX yet but can U play any games under linux shell ?

OOOPS didnt see that it was 2 sides on this thread but is Wine and Transgaming any good for gaming or should I stay whith windows to play them ?

Who needs linux?? Windows and Bill rulz!!

...... Just joking.... But I like Windows more than Linux. But I run both (XP and SuSE).
    "Nothing is impossible because impossible itself says I M Possible."

Quote Originally Posted by DeepBlueMagic
    Who needs linux?? Windows and Bill rulz!!

...... Just joking.... But I like Windows more than Linux. But I run both (XP and SuSE).
    I´m forced to use the dam windows as long as I want to play my LOVELY games , as they are basicly constructed for windows, so I´m trapt U see.

I use Debian on my laptop, I love it!

I have been thinking about running linux for like 2 yrs now hehe but I have not tried it yet.. maybe in a couple of yrs

I threw Windows out the... heh, window last summer in favour of Gentoo Linux. All three of my platforms runs happily with Gentoo now. Except for my laptop wich I have to dualboot with since some of the work we do at the university requires Windows. However, when it comes to the home desktop, I'll never go back to Windows again... ever.

Gawd it feels good!!
    //Gentoo Linux - emerge, my friend...

well, maybe ill try it later. I just dont feel the big need converting to Linux right now.

Well, overclockers aren't that successful in using Linux since most UNIX operating systems are very sensitive to overclocking. Most users compile their own source code and such operations demands a lot from the processor making it very vulnerable to miscalculations and so on. My old T-bird 1 GHz could never ever compile even the smallest application due to the excessive overclocking it have endured during the years, much less run a stable system.

well thats pretty useful info for me since i overclock everything that I lay my eyes on

I think the phrase you were looking for was:
    "Oh great! Another excuse not to install Linux! Yay! I'm in the clear a while longer!"