+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AW9D Max

AW9D Max

So, I've finally got mine up and running... Getting the Raid 0 setup was a bit of a pain (at least in comparison to the 680I).

I've taken the pelt and the coldplate off my Maze4-1 and strapped it on there as tight as I can, and man... It's not working too hot, or, rather it IS working too hot.:?

Idling at ~40C in windows... Once I get this board prepped for the pelt it should be back to idling around 0C 8)
    OMG I sold my computer... Using my GFs. E4300 on a P5NSLI. NON E version. Yeah, that means it's the one that literally can't do a 10mhz OC. (9Mhz worked... for a while).

Ah, good luck

//Andreas
    "I'm sort of a postmodern vegetarian, I eat meat ironically"
    "You are our Swedish superhero "

Forget everything, knowledge is your enemy, it's only going to make you second-guess yourself."

Great, now do a few runs, kick some real ass and wait to get run over yourself, at least in 3DMark 01. :P
    Man, or woman, or both?
    Grandis spiritus, sanctus diavolos

Well, I still haven't figured this board out completely, nor do I think my WC is working quite upto snuff, but I did manage to laydown a couple benches last night, and have it at 3.8 right now...

I could get into windows at 3.95, but it wasn't stable, and even though I was using 1.5V it was absurdly hot...

I think I have poor contact with the WB, and I've tried atleast 3 times to reseat it, just doesn't want to work right without the coldplate... But I'd have to have the pelt in there to use that... And I'd need to prep the board first...

Either way, I'm rediculously close to beating my old PC Mark scores (up into the 9600+ area now), and I still don't have my ram setup (sub 1000Mhz,4-4-4-11) :twisted:
    OMG I sold my computer... Using my GFs. E4300 on a P5NSLI. NON E version. Yeah, that means it's the one that literally can't do a 10mhz OC. (9Mhz worked... for a while).

Nice going, lookin' forward to some additional benches as you get used to the system.
    Man, or woman, or both?

So, I bought some clear nailpolish this time, and hopefully it'll work better than the silicon conformal coating (and be less messy).

I'm getting a pair of 74GB Raptors, and those should hopefully help speed things up over my 320s (although they are SATA II 16MB cache...).

I'm still not having any luck getting the ram ANYWHERE CLOSE to where it was on my 680I (1250+). So I'm just going to work on tightening it up... currently working on 4-4-4-8 at ~1000Mhz.

Once I get my pelt back on there, things should get really interesting, really quick...

*Also, if anyone knows any good OC'ing hints or walkthroughs for this board it'd be really appreciated...

A start perhaps:
    http://www.nordichardware.com/Reviews/?skrivelse=489

Dont' hesitate to contact crotale if you want more info. (crotale@nordiccrew.com)

//Andreas
    "I'm sort of a postmodern vegetarian, I eat meat ironically"
    "You are our Swedish superhero "

Forget everything, knowledge is your enemy, it's only going to make you second-guess yourself."

Yeah, already went over that one... Doesn't offer any setup info, just results...

Was looking more for some tips with settings and whatnot...

It's goin alright, I'm just hoping that there is more available that I just haven't noticed...

i975X is not clocking memory very well in general. On the other hand, they're doing very well when it comes to latency and clock to clock performance.
    Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 @ 5300MHz, EVGA NF680i, Corsair Dominator 8888
    Kinc + crotale: 01 - 89270, 03 - 85032, 05 - 31174, 1M: 9,896

I definatly noticed the clock to clock performace compared to the 680I...
    Extra 350 points in 3Dmark06... At 200Mhz slower, with MUCH slower memory clocks! (12465 @3750 vs 12114 @ 3950)

I guess I'll just have to see how tight I can get it... Just a shame to see this memory going to waste on this board... Vasoline works for di-electric grease right?

Quote Originally Posted by magicman
    Vasoline works for di-electric grease right?
    It should do that, yes.
    Man, or woman, or both?

Excellent :twisted:

Just gave my board a shot of vaseline, it proved itself to work very nicely. No condensation that I've came across yet at least.
    Man, or woman, or both?

So where are all the bench scores, and the details? (Pics too)

Quote Originally Posted by magicman
    So where are all the bench scores, and the details? (Pics too)
    Gimme ten minutes, gotta upload pics etc.
    Man, or woman, or both?