+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Hehe, well actually these are tings up for review very soon, or things were going to show off during DreamHack.

I'm not sure if anyone has done it before, but we might have a Genuine ATI CF + ATI Physics system running at DH as well.

//Andreas
    "I'm sort of a postmodern vegetarian, I eat meat ironically"
    "You are our Swedish superhero "

Forget everything, knowledge is your enemy, it's only going to make you second-guess yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Delph1
    I'm not sure if anyone has done it before, but we might have a Genuine ATI CF + ATI Physics system running at DH as well.
    I'd like to see that

But, on which platform? 680i SLI? :?

We need a decent ATI chipset board for Core2 with full 2x PCIE x16 and PCIE x8 lanes. :? :'( :x :evil:

R600 + 3xR600

//Andreas

Forget everything, knowledge is your enemy, it's only going to make you second-guess yourself."

Some preliminary reports on the P35 matter: The MSI P35 Platinum sucks and has only five SATA ports, the P5K3 is pretty nippy actually, no built-in Asus instability, but nasty heatpiping and the DDR3 limits the results somewhat. Besides, I'm not getting any nice contact with my cooler, since the temps are at ~60 degrees centigrade with a NH-U12 + Delta 120mm (the fat one). The cooler itself isn't even lukewarm, it's cold. Could be the temp sensor as well, but I don't want to risk a X6800.

The P35-DQ6 I'll test asap. Then of course, a Liberace board (ECS) should arrive soon, and hopefully an Abit board as well. Sadly, there will be no time for me to gel with these things, I'll just have to test and return them.
    Man, or woman, or both?
    Grandis spiritus, sanctus diavolos

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Machine
    Some preliminary reports on the P35 matter: The MSI P35 Platinum sucks..
    DO expand on that please.

500FSB reachable? Or even 450? In comparison to an Intel BadAxe2 & Gigabyte DS3/DQ6 how does it bench with stock CPU?

You tested the gaming or 3DM performance yet?

Besides, I'm not getting any nice contact with my cooler, since the temps are at ~60 degrees centigrade with a NH-U12 + Delta 120mm (the fat one).
    Are those stock temps you're getting?

The P35-DQ6 I'll test asap.
    Oh please This is the one I've heard twice now being a fab. board. :?:

LN2 preparations have begun

//Andreas

I really didn't get along with the MSI P35, and it didn't want to do even 350FSB. Of course, that has to be my own fault, or maybe my mems... Didn't want to boot at all at first, then I ripped one stick out, it booted, I put in the one I ripped out, it worked. No OC, though.

I've been playing with the P5K3 as much as I've had time, which is virtually nothing this weekend. But expect some results towards the end of this week.
    Man, or woman, or both?
    Grandis spiritus, sanctus diavolos