+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman
    Yeah, I just saw that there... That's wicked. Kinda funny, I've been wondering what that "Datorbyggarskolan" ad was for... Normally if a Swedish ad gets posted, it would atleast have pictures...

I was just guessing it was for a LAN or something... LOL
    Hehe funny. I always thought it was an add for data storage. First time I clicked was like immediately after reading here it wasn't an add. :mrgreen:

But, increasing the size of the forum button (which we have discussed previously, probably in the feedback section) would definatly help.

If you do that you should also stylize the "Comment" button at the bottom of your news posts, to help guide people into the forum. In case they are distracted by all the pretty pictures on the main page, and miss your new button.
    I think this is a very good idea. I usually get to the foum by either clicking somewhere in "latest posts in the forum" or "comment", but it would be nicer to have a big button "forum".

For one reason or another I thought Datorbyggarskolan was a retailer, like Komplett.

I was lured in by good content that separated this news site from the majority of what I had seen

I came here through a friend, not long ago, in a rather roundabout way......

Previously I was an Editor at an upstart tech site (English). There were just 2 of us, building it from absolute scratch......graphics, content, establishing industry contacts, you name it. I wrote most of the reviews, trying to build content. I have no "formal" tech training, and was learning on the fly. I have 2 kids and a career, and it was consuming all of my time on the side, but I kept pushing in the hopes things would grow.

As it turned out, my "partner" at the site started doing things behind my back, "stealing" contacts, promising everyone the world and not delivering, receiving hardware but never writing articles, and ultimately started spreading lies to company contacts. By the time I realized what was happening it was too late. I removed all my articles I had written for the site and decided to jump ship after he essentially blacklisted the site.......I had no desire to tarnish my name and go down the crapper with him.

So, my friend emails me one day and says to check out NordicHardware's site, had some good stuff posted and the people seemed cool. So I stopped by, checked things out, liked what I saw, and then ended up emailing Andreas, offering to volunteer writing reviews if he was interested. I wanted to help out because of the professionalism I saw, and after being burned at my previous venture, decided I just wanted to do some freelancing and just have some fun writing reviews, something I love doing.

I sent Andreas a few examples of my work and see he agreed to give me a shot. Little did I know he was going to start me with my toughest review ever - the Killer NIC card. Bugger. LOL. Went ok, and Andreas decided to keep me going LOL. So now I'm doing reviews as things come up, I have tons of ideas but never enough time since I do this as a freelance "job" only.

My only regret is I don't understand a word of Swedish. I really wish I could get more involved in the forums and help out, and I feel handcuffed by the language barrier I feel a little out of the loop, being in Canada and most of the visitors here are EU, but I'm coping

Regardless, I'm impressed by the quality of work and committment here, and the people are laid-back and professional. Andreas is a great guy to work with (and work for) and I'm enjoying myself here! Although I'm still kinda new around here, I hope I can contribute in some fashion.

*raises glass* Here's to great stuff at NH so far, and to many more!!
    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/487...userbarpc9.png

Lian-Li A71B | Q6600 @ 3.5 on TEC/H2O | ASUS Maximus SE X38 | 4gb Corsair Dominators - 8500 | Raptors RAID 0 | 1Tb Barracudas | MSI 8800 Ultra SC | Coolermaster 850w | 2x22" Dell LCD | X-Fi Xtreme | G15 Rev.2 | G5 Rev.2 |

I started out with being a normal visitor and after a while I poked Andreas in the ribs on IRC about some typos in the news section. After a few such occasions he asked if I didn't want to start proofread articles, and been stuck since

Skyguy, just pack your bags and come over for DreamHack this summer :twisted:
    Fold for Nordichardware team 122806

NordicHardware folding stats

Quote Originally Posted by Imlal
    Skyguy, just pack your bags and come over for DreamHack this summer :twisted:
    Don't. I won't be there this summer, and I couldn't bare to miss any non-swedish NH crew for a trip to Paris. Let's have a Skyguy + Magicman to DHW 2k8 fundraiser or something.
    Man, or woman, or both?
    Grandis spiritus, sanctus diavolos

I'd come if I could afford it. Or if YOU could.

The fall would work better for me though.
    OMG I sold my computer... Using my GFs. E4300 on a P5NSLI. NON E version. Yeah, that means it's the one that literally can't do a 10mhz OC. (9Mhz worked... for a while).

Just steal a boat the two of you and set off.
    Man, or woman, or both?

I guess you don't realize how big Canada is... If Skyguy is in Ontario (Toronto or close) it would be ~1800KM away from me. And that's in the middle. I'm on the Atlantic Coast.

I fully endorse the fund raising campaign though. 2K9 may be more realistic though. Start saving your pennies (or whatever).
    OMG I sold my computer... Using my GFs. E4300 on a P5NSLI. NON E version. Yeah, that means it's the one that literally can't do a 10mhz OC. (9Mhz worked... for a while).

From now on I'll be saving every 50-öre coin (100 öre = 1SEK) for your trip. If you two are lucky, I'll have like 50SEK or so towards your DH trip for like 2015 or so.
    Man, or woman, or both?

HEHE, Magicman is a Haligonian (yes, I know the proper name!! ). Ya, Canada is H-U-G-E........his distance from me is the same as travelling across probably 15 countries in Europe..........and that's just HALF of Canada.

A trip, a trip.......my kingdom for a trip. Except my next trip is reserved by my wife I believe. We haven't been out together without the kids for any length of time in over 4 years. However...........Dreamhack in Paris this summer isn't in the cards, BUT.......maybe in '09......my wife and I have always wanted to go to Europe, and if I could fit both in then maybe I've got a chance of convincing here it's a good idea
    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/487...userbarpc9.png

Lian-Li A71B | Q6600 @ 3.5 on TEC/H2O | ASUS Maximus SE X38 | 4gb Corsair Dominators - 8500 | Raptors RAID 0 | 1Tb Barracudas | MSI 8800 Ultra SC | Coolermaster 850w | 2x22" Dell LCD | X-Fi Xtreme | G15 Rev.2 | G5 Rev.2 |

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguy
    HEHE, Magicman is a Haligonian (yes, I know the proper name!! ). Ya, Canada is H-U-G-E........his distance from me is the same as travelling across probably 15 countries in Europe..........and that's just HALF of Canada.

A trip, a trip.......my kingdom for a trip. Except my next trip is reserved by my wife I believe. We haven't been out together without the kids for any length of time in over 4 years. However...........Dreamhack in Paris this summer isn't in the cards, BUT.......maybe in '09......my wife and I have always wanted to go to Europe, and if I could fit both in then maybe I've got a chance of convincing here it's a good idea
    DreamHack is in Jönköping, in the middle of Sweden, but Mean Machine won't be there this year, because he's going to Paris to see Ministry

DreamHack Winter is usually a lot bigger though and hopefully we will have something extra by then

EDIT: Most of our readers here at NH.com are actually not European but from America, Australia and Canada

Although we do have a lot of readers from Germany, France and Italy, the benching countries

//Andreas
    "I'm sort of a postmodern vegetarian, I eat meat ironically"
    "You are our Swedish superhero "

Forget everything, knowledge is your enemy, it's only going to make you second-guess yourself."

Yeah, I remember when we had Saaya for a visit last winter, that was fun. Such a nice guy.

That was a unhealthy dose of smilies, Delph1.
    Man, or woman, or both?

Yea, I'm hungry as hell here, waiting for the big Easter dinner :mrgreen:

//Andreas

Forget everything, knowledge is your enemy, it's only going to make you second-guess yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by magicman
    I still say, you need a MUCH bigger "forum" button.
    Done.

//Andreas

Yeah, it's nice... Gives a new window though...